UGEARS - Safe - 3-D Wooden Puzzle - Mechanical Model KitConsidering safe-cracking as a profession? This might be just where you should start. Build your own safe with a personal lock combination,...
Fast order processing. You will always be notified if there are any problems with your order.
We know our products. If we don't know the answer, we'll ask the manufacturer for you.
All items are inspected before shipping. Only Name Brand Products - No knock-offs
We ship all over the world, offering our customers the most competitive and affordable shipping rates available.
The time has come! For years, we've been hearing the same question again and again from our loyal customers: "Can Ugears create a working clock model kit, one that actually keeps accurate time?" A working mechanical wooden clock has long been our #1 "most-requested" new design. Your dream has also been our dream, and our team of dedicated Ugears engineers and designers has been working hard to bring this shared dream into reality. Finally, the wait is over. Ugears is proud to present the Aero Clock, a fully-functioning DIY wall clock with pendulum.
The Aero Clock isn't just a 3D wooden mechanical model, or a pretty showpiece. The Ugears Clock is an actual working clock that you can build yourself, mount to a wall, wind up, then watch as the seconds, minutes, and hours tick by. The Aero Clock is an ingenious puzzle and DIY clock mechanism, unlike any other clock. It is a lovely piece of precise engineering that reveals the workings of a weighted pendulum clock to builders and viewers alike. Like all Ugears models, it also has that extra touch of whimsy, to captivate and charm our growing legion of fans.
This simple-yet-elegant Ugears clock is driven by the force of gravity pulling down a weighted bag (you can fill the bag with sand or salt). Raise the bag on its pulleys to wind the clock. As the weight slowly descends, it rotates a drive gear, which then rotates an escape wheel through a reducer. The clock features an adjustable weighted pendulum which interacts with the escape wheel through the steady tick-tock of the anchor mechanism. You can adjust the clock's ticking action to the second, by sliding the pendulum's top and bottom weights. The reducer also transmits rotation to an hour disc and a minute disc. One of the interesting features of our Aero Clock is that time is not read with rotating hands on a clock face, but rather a fixed pointer indicates time on the slowly-rotating, numbered hour and minute discs. Moreover, these discs rotate counterclockwise did you know that before standardization, some clocks moved clockwise while others moved counterclockwise? In the role of "cuckoo the Ugears Aero Clock features a model hot air balloon. The suspended balloon rapidly descends when the hour strikes, then slowly rises again over the course of the next hour.
The theme of the Aero Clock is early aeronautics. Take a trip back in time to the dawn of flight and the "balloonomania" that seized France and England in 1783 on the occasion of the first free aerial voyage in a balloon. This was followed two years later by the first aerial crossing of the English Channel by intrepid aeronauts Jean-Pierre Blanchard and John Jeffries. We love this wooden model clock's steampunk sensibility and spirit of adventure, and we think you will too! Imagine yourself a discoverer of new horizons and a conqueror of the four winds. The casing and intriguing wooden clock mechanism represent an air base located among the clouds, where zephyrs blow and filtered rays of sunlight dapple the machinery, while you, in the role of aeronaut, launch a new voyage of exploration on the hour.
The Ugears wooden model clock kit celebrates the role of clocks in exploration. Did you know the problem of calculating longitude, critical to accurate navigation at sea, was solved with a clock? The idea was proposed by Dutch mathematician Gemma Frisius in 1530, but it wasn't until the mid-18th century when English clockmaker John Harrison developed a series of shipboard clocks so precise (accurate to within a of a second per day) that ship captains could at last calculate their position at sea to within a few nautical miles. By knowing the exact time back in London (Greenwich Meridian Time, or GMT), and calculating the time at current position with celestial observation, navigators could calculate where they were on the earth's surface. Latitude had been solved by the Phoenicians as early as 600 B.C. with celestial reckoning measuring the altitude of the sun at noon, or the angle made between the North Star (or other navigational stars) and the horizon. But the longitude problem would bedevil explorers for another 2,000 years. Harrison was eventually awarded the 20,000 first prize (roughly $1.5 million today) established in Parliament's Longitude Act of 1714, after demonstrating the accuracy of his masterful clocks at sea. Now you too can become a clockmaker, with the Ugears Aero Clock model kit!
Released at a moment when the world seems to have slowed down, the Ugears Aero Clock, a wooden wall clock with pendulum that you build yourself, is both timeful and timeless in its simple elegance. This beautiful and functional wooden wall clock model is for horologists, for hobbyists, for explorers, for creatives and romantics of every stripe, anyone who is ready for new challenges and ready to take risks. If you've ever gazed up at the sky and thought, "I want to be there!" or looked at a pendulum clock and wondered, "How does that work?" then the Ugears Aero Clock is for you.
As you build the Aero Clock, a wooden wall clock with pendulum, you will learn the basic principles behind clockworks, how the steadying influence of a swinging pendulum operates through a rocking anchor, locking and unlocking the gears on an escapement one second at a time, thereby regulating the (slow) descent of a weight as it drives both power gears and timekeeping gears.
The Ugears' Aero Clock with pendulum is a marvelous puzzle, and the perfect family project. When you work together to assemble this DIY wooden clock model kit, you will experience the satisfaction of building something together, and not just any model, but an actual functioning timepiece. Afterwards, you'll have a beautiful object for the home, something your family can enjoy together as time goes by.
The Ugears Aero Clock with pendulum is a new and exciting addition to the Ugears collection of fascinating mechanical models, 3D puzzles, game accessories, wooden puzzle boxes, children's toys and education STEM Lab model kits.
SHIPPING OF RADIO CONTROL ITEMS:
For everyone's protection, RC trucks, cars, helis, drones, planes and RC parts will be shipped to the "Billing Address" on the credit card Only. Sorry, No Exceptions.
FREE SHIPPING OPTION: (during active promotional special offers only)
When we are offering a Free Shipping Special Offer promotion, our FREE SHIPPING is available on orders of a stated threshhold amount or more (example: Free Shipping $100 or more), to delivery locations within the Continental United States (lower 48). (Some exclusions may apply)
• From time to time we will run "FREE SHIPPING Special Offers" for orders ($50, $75, $99+, $100 or more), to delivery locations within the Continental United States (lower 48). A Coupon Code may apply or it may be a site wide Limited-Time promotion with banner advertising.
• The shipping method FREE SHIPPING is shipped using carriers and methods at our discretion and is usually shipped the most economical method - "Economy Ground".
During an online Special Offer Promotion only, or unless otherwise stated, a "Free Shipping" offer promotion is valid only on orders with a subtotal over the threshhold offer value (for example: Free Shipping on $100 or more) and (before shipping, before shipping surcharges and before state and local taxes), and only during a promotion (Banner Offer, Pop-up ad, Special Offer Pop-Up, shopping cart offer, or Free Shipping voucher). Orders not meeting or exceeding the coupon or promotion's designated minimum purchase requirement (before shipping, before shipping surcharges and before state and local taxes), will not qualify for the promotion's offer. Oakridge reserves the right to either cancel the order or process the order under normal online order terms, which would include shipping charges. Most items will arrive in just 3 or 5 business days, but allow up to 10 business days as all "Free Shipping" shipments will be shipped ground.
Free Shipping orders are shipped via UPS or U.S. Mail Ground in-full or as complete as possible, at our discretion. Out of Stock and/or Backordered items, under a Free Shipping promotion will also be shipped as available, at no extra charge.
On Returns, the order's shipping charges will be deducted from returned items which would make the remaining subtotal amount of the order fall below promotion threshhold (for example: Free Shipping on $100+). Full shipping charges will be back-charged on order cancellations, order delivery refusals or on orders with cancelled backordered items which make the subtotal amount of the order fall below the threshhold value. Any and all Returns are returned at the customer's expense as we do not reimburse or pay for shipping. We also will not pay for any postage due on any Returns. (See our Return Policy above, for more details.)
Offer does not apply to built-up dollhouses, or the additional surcharges on items marked "oversized" or "add additional shipping". However, a discounted shipping charge will be applied. In many cases on surcharged items, or on items marked “oversized” or “add additional shipping”, only the surcharge will be charged. Offer limited to shipments to the Lower 48 states. Continental U.S..Only. (Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico are not consider the Continental U.S.) Oakridge reserves the right to end or change any Free Shipping offer at any time. Offers are available for a limited time only.
Free Shipping Offer or Coupon Voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other coupon, discount, or online shipping or money saving offer.
Due to the recent increase in shipping rates, dimensional shipping charges, holiday and fuel surcharges, Oakridge reserves the right, at our discretion, to not honor any orders that had qualified for Free Shipping through the website's algorithm calculations, but when processed at our facilities are found to be overweight / oversized and not economically feasible for us to ship for Free. When such rare cases arise, you will be contacted via email with shipping options and/or an Oakridge team member will try to reach out to you via your telephone contact information, to inform you and offer some shipping options and estimates.
NOTE: This FAQ section does not imply that a Free Shipping Offer is currently running. It is informational only.
FLAT RATE SHIPPING OPTION:
Our FLAT RATE SHIPPING OPTION of orders over 2lbs, by zone, from Chicago, range from $9.95 (IL, MI, IN) to $11.95 (NY, CO, LA), to $13.95 (NM, FL, UT), to $14.95 (ID, CA, NV), to $17.95 (AK, HI), is available on all orders, to delivery locations within the Continental United States (lower 48). Your state, if not specifically mentioned, will fall in between those sample rates mentioned, for the states listed. Your rate will show, for your state, when entering your Zipcode and State in the cart, or during checkout. (Some exclusions may apply)
• FLAT RATE SHIPPING OPTION is a great way for you to save on shipping charges, when your orders don't meet our Free Shipping threshold, to delivery locations within the Continental United States (lower 48).
• FLAT RATE SHIPPING OPTION is a great way for you to save on shipping charges, when the USPS and UPS calculated shipping methods are high to your location.
• The shipping method FLAT RATE SHIPPING OPTION is shipped using carriers and methods at our discretion and is usually shipped the most economical method - "Economy Ground".
USPS & UPS GROUND SHIPPING OPTIONS:
Our UPS and USPS GROUND SHIPPING OPTIONS are calculated via our website's direct connection (via API), with the United States Postal Service system's servers and UPS's servers to provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date shipping charges for your order. The API considers the destination shipping address and destination restrictions, rural routes, residential and commercial addresses, dimentional weight, physical weight and seasonality.
• All USPS shipments are shipped Priority Ground or Parcel Post. Estimated delivery transit times are estimated only, and are subject to change due to seasonality or weather. Estimated transit times do not include order processing, packaging and shipping to hub.
• All UPS shipments are shipped Ground. Estimated delivery transit times are estimated only, and are subject to change due to seasonality or weather. Estimated transit times do not include order processing, packaging and shipping to hub.
(SEE MAP BELOW FOR ESTIMATED SHIPPING TIMES)
USPS & UPS GROUND SHIPPING UPGRADE OPTIONS:
Our shipping method choices do not include upgraded shipping methods (Next Day Air, Overnight, 2-Day, 3-Day, Saturday) because of past experiences with our customers being disappointed in not getting their package as indicated/implied in the shipping method. However, based on the time of day, day of the week, and availability of the product, our Customer Service Department will be happy to accommodate your needs to the best of our ability, to upgrade the shipping method for your order, upon special request. Contact our Customer Service Department for details and best options for your order fulfillment and delivery. We suggest to our customers to place their order online first, and then follow up with a call to upgrade shipping. Please have your credit card ready for the additional charges.
(Please keep in mind that during the week just prior to Holidays, we cannot guarantee that you will get your package as implied in the shipper's upgraded status, due to the extremely heavy volume of shipping, combined with shortage of delivering staff and weather delays.)
FREE SHIPPING - FLAT RATE SHIPPING EXCLUSIONS
Any item designated as an OVERSIZED - OVERWEIGHT item as designated in the item's product page under the "Additional Information" section as *** Heavy Oversize/Overweight/Dimensional Shipping Upcharge May Apply *** will not qualify for the FREE SHIPPING or FLAT RATE SHIPPING rate options.
• FREE SHIPPING or FLAT RATE SHIPPING does not apply to delivery locations outside the Continental United States (lower 48).
UPS "GROUND" SHIPPING - AVERAGE TRANSIT TIMES IN THE CONTINENTAL U.S. from OAKRIDGE
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS SHIPPING DISCOUNT SPECIAL OFFER:
Our INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING SPECIAL OFFER DISCOUNT of $10 OFF is available on orders of $100 or more, to delivery locations outside the Continental United States (lower 48). We ship all over the world. Besides Alaska and Hawaii, many of our regular customers are from Canada, Europe and Australia. We know that shipping is very expensive everywhere, so we try to give all of our customers a shipping cost break.
• Our UPS and USPS GROUND SHIPPING OPTIONS are calculated via our website's direct connection (via API), with the United States Postal Service system's servers and UPS's servers to provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date shipping charges for your order. The API considers the destination shipping address and destination restrictions, rural routes, residential and commercial addresses, dimentional weight, physical weight, size limitations and seasonality.
• All USPS shipments are usually shipped Priority International. Estimated delivery transit times are estimated only, and are subject to change due to seasonality or weather. Estimated transit times do not include order processing, packaging and shipping to hub.
• All UPS shipments are shipped International Air. Estimated delivery transit times are estimated only, and are subject to change due to seasonality or weather. Estimated transit times do not include order processing, packaging and shipping to hub.
• Shipping charges are not refundable on any returns. (See our RETURNS POLICY page)
• Shipping charges are refundable on damaged shipments upon carrier's approval.
NOTE: ALL ROCKET ENGINES, ROCKET KITS with Rocket Engines, HAZMAT and FLAMMABLES are shipped U.S.P.O. MAIL Ground, to the continental U.S. only.
RETURNS & REPLACEMENTS:
All packaging of products are inspected prior to shipment. If the item is inoperable, and has no apparent damage, it may be considered defective. However, with many hobby-grade hobby and toy items, remote control items, race sets, items (hobby, toy & gifts) that require assembly, and electronic and battery operated items, its often just a better understanding or some guidance that is required. This is why, if you are experiencing a problem, we suggest that you contact our Customer Service Department about the item you purchased, before taking any action. Many times, its a simple adjustment or a missed/incorrect assembly step.
• Used, defective merchandise should be returned directly to the manufacturer for warranty repair or replacement. Manufacturer defects found after the product has been used revert to the manufacturer's warranty and usually require proof of purchase (a copy of which can be obtained upon customer request), and they will handle any problems for you directly. Be sure that you have already sent your warranty card in for the item. Any and all Defects/Returns are returned at the customer's expense as we do not reimburse or pay for shipping.
• Since many manufacturers insist on handling defects directly, assistance with missing puzzle pieces, paint-by-number paints, model parts, slot car parts, remote control parts, doll house parts, toy parts, or missing instructions must be handled directly with the manufacturer for warranty repair or replacement. Any and all Defects/Returns are returned at the customer's expense as we do not reimburse or pay for shipping.
• If you have not used the product, and you feel it is defective, we suggest that you contact our Customer Service Department immediately for our help, before taking any further action. If it is determined that an item is defective, the instructions on how to handle defective product situations will vary, since many manufacturers insist on handling defects directly.
• Items that are in new and unused condition, and determined by our Customer Service Department to be Defective merchandise, and are approved for return directly to us by the manufacturer, must have a Return Authorization Number. Without a Return Authorization, your return will not be accepted, authorized or recognized, regardless of any proof of mailing. The Return Authorization Number must be clearly marked on the outside of the package in large bold print and adjacent to the address label.
• Any and all Defects/Returns are returned at the customer's expense as we do not reimburse or pay for shipping. We also will not pay for any postage due on any Returns.
• Upon return and inspection, if there are no used or abused issues, we will send you a replacement at no extra charge.
• All authorized defective product returns are handled as an exchange only.
In almost every case, these issues always work out to our customers' 100% satisfaction.
All packaging of products are inspected prior to shipment. Damaged merchandise includes items that have been damaged in shipping.
• If a shipment arrives at your door, in hand by our carrier, with apparent shipping damage, please refuse the delivery and make sure that the driver marks "Damaged" on the box and makes note of it in his/her system/hand pad.
• If you find the delivery left at your door and it is damaged, take pictures of the damages and provide these to our customer service department, so that we can forward your claim to our carriers.
• If you have already accepted delivery and then find shipping damage, please call our Customer Service Department immediately. Save all packaging material and paperwork; do not throw anything away! If you attempt to return the merchandise yourself, you will jeopardize our chances of making a claim, and you may not receive credit for the return. In many cases you will be required to take pictures of the damages and to provide these to our customer service department, so that we can forward your claim to our carriers.
Once we get acknowledgement and a approval disposition from our carriers, we will send you a replacement at no extra charge. In every case, these issues always work out to our customers' 100% satisfaction.
RETURNING RESELLABLE MERCHANDISE:
All authorized returns are subject to a 15% Restocking Fee. Shipping Fees are not refundable.
• The merchandise must be in new and unused condition and in its original unopened packaging. Opened packaging, broken seals, items removed from packaging, used, tested, abused, crashed items, running fuel through a model engine, installing radio parts in a model, cutting up or opening parts in kits, running out of materials provided in a kit, discarding the packing material are some examples of what constitutes used and unreturnable merchandise.
• We do not accept returns via COD or billed to Oakridge Hobbies, or its affiliated websites, in any way. No refund will be credited for any shipping costs. No returned merchandise will be accepted without an authorization number.
• Any and all Returns are returned at the customer's expense as we do not reimburse or pay for shipping. We also will not pay for any postage due on any Returns. (Also see our Special Promotions Section regarding orders received via a "FREE SHIPPING" offer/promo.)
• All Returns must have a Return Authorization Number. Without a Return Authorization, your return will not be accepted, authorized or recognized, regardless of any proof of mailing. The Return Authorization Number must be clearly marked on the outside of the package in large bold print and adjacent to the address label.
** ALL Returns MUST have a Return Authorization Number. **
Without a Return Authorization, your return will not be accepted, authorized or recognized, regardless of any proof of mailing.
UGEARS - Nativity Scene - 3-D Wooden Puzzle - Mechanical Model KitA beautifully crafted Nativity Scene model is the Ugears tribute to a beloved Christmas tradition. Carrying the true spirit of the...
UGEARS - Bike - 3-D Wooden Puzzle - Mechanical Model KitFeeling like you ve been quite a couch-potato lately? Has life been a bit too comfortable and twice as boring? Drop it now because the...
UGEARS - Archballista-Tower - 3-D Wooden Puzzle - Mechanical Model KitUGears goes romantically medieval and invites you to become a siege-craft expert with its new exciting model Archballista and...