OAKRIDGE's Resale Shop
Located in Historic Downtown Lemont's "Old Mill Shoppes"
Consignment Policy for Hobby & Toy Items (Electric Trains, RC Remote Control Trucks Airplanes Helicopters, Slot Cars, Dollhouses) for Resale at Oakridge Hobbies & Toys
With Oakridge Hobbies & Toys Consignment Program, now you don't have to worry about your safety and security when strangers are coming to your home in response to your "For Sale" classified ad posts, or getting taken advantage of, by an all too common fraudulent online buyer, or going through the time, headaches and aggravation of a garage sale and people asking you questions about other things that aren't for sale, or suspiciously checking out your home's layout and garage's security. And why give it away, when you can put some much needed cash in your own pocket. Just bring your items to our store, "Oakridge Hobbies & Toys", and we'll show it and sell it for you in our safe and professional retail store environment, and get you the money you need for other things. One person's unwanted item is another person's "treasure".
We work with Individual Consignors, Realtors, Dealers, Retailers & Estate Liquidators.
Our products come from a variety of sources including store closings, transfering home owners, estate sales and people who are either upgrading, down-sizing or looking for extra cash. All consignors must show and provide a copy of a current form of Illinois ID in order to sell any consignment items in our store.
- "Hobby Grade" quality used/like new Electric Remote Control RC Helicopters, Quadcopters, Park Flyer Airplanes and Bind-N-Fly Airplanes to sell in our store. We're looking for Blade, E-Flite, Hobby Zone, ParkZone, Hanger 9, FlyZone, Hobbico, Great Planes, GWS, Multiplex USA, Heli-Max Helicopters, Quadcopters and Airplanes (ELECTRIC ONLY), and Duratrax, Hi-Tec, Dynamite, Trinity, Venom chargers. All Electric Remote Control RC Helis, Quads and Planes must be in good working / running / sellable condition. (No dead skunks or crashed helicopters or airplanes please!) Electronic controls and accessory items must be in reliable working condition. (No batteries. No toy quality, big box brand (Propel, Air Hog, etc) or off-brands, or online exclusive direct from China helicopters or airplanes).
- "Hobby Grade" quality used/like new Electric Remote Control RC Trucks and Cars to sell in our store. We're looking for Traxxas, HPI, Duratrax, Losi, Associated, Tamiya, ECX, ARRMA, Axial, Vaterra Trucks and Cars (ELECTRIC ONLY), and Duratrax, Hi-Tec, Dynamite Venom chargers. All Electric Remote Control RC Trucks and Cars must be in good working / running / sellable condition. (No dead skunks or beat up trucks or cars please!) Electronic controls and accessory items must be in reliable working condition. (No batteries. No toy quality, big box brand (Nikko, Tyco, etc) or off-brands, or online exclusive direct from China cars or trucks).
- Quality used/like new Electric "Home Racing" Slot Cars, Race Track and Sets in HO, 1:43, 1:32 and 1:24 scales to sell in our store. We're looking for Carrera, SCX, Scalextric, Carrera Go, SCX Compact, AFX, Lifelike, AW cars, sets, track and accessories. All model electric home race slot cars must be in good working / running / sellable condition. (No dead skunks or beat up cars, cars missing parts or rusty bent track please!) Digital and electronic controls and accessory items must be in reliable working condition. (No battery operated sets or cars.)
- Quality used/like new Electric Toy Trains and Model Railroad Trains in all scales to sell in our store. We're looking for LGB, MTH, Williams, K-Line, Lionel toy trains, sets, engines, cars, track and operating accessories. Kato, Bachmann, Athearn, Roundhouse, Model Power, Atlas, Walthers, IHC, Spectrum, Rivarossi, Stewart, Intermountain, Genesis, Accurail, MDC/Roundhouse, Mantua, Proto, engines and rolling stock. All model railroad electric toy trains must be in good working / running / sellable condition. (No dead skunks or rolling stock with missing wheels or couplers please!) Digital and electronic controls and accessory items must be in reliable working condition. (No battery operated sets or engines.)
- Quality used/like new Built Up / Assembled Dollhouses and "Hobby Grade" Collector Quality Miniature Furniture Sets in 1" Scale to sell in our store. We're looking for miniature enthusiast's quality dollhouses like Real Good Toys, Walmer, Lawbre and House That Jack Built assembled dollhouses. We may consider factory sealed kits from same. (No die-cut (Greenleaf, Duracraft) or children's toy dollhouses or toy dollhouse furniture please!)
- Quality used/like new Plastic Model Kits preferably unopened box or opened box with parts still bagged and on sprues, to sell in our store.
- Quality used/like new Die Cast Models and Collectibles preferably unopened box or opened box with minimal use and minimal display dust, to sell in our store.
- Quality used/like new Vintage and Retro Toys and Collectibles preferably unopened box or opened box with with minimal use and minimal display dust, to sell in our store.
- On a case-by-case basis, other quality used/like new Vintage and Retro Collectibles preferably unopened box or opened box with with minimal use and minimal display dust, to sell in our store.
We reserve the right to refuse any item that we do not feel will be a fit in our store or sellable at our location. We generally accept items we can price for $20 or more. Items submitted with a value under $20, not part of a combined products bundle/grouping, will be considered a donation. Merchandise should be clean and unbroken.
Our consignment fees are 35% - 45%, based on whether we feel your item is to be a "sold in-store item", or whether it is a "collectible item" that would be best served posted online to get you the best return and value on your item(s).(Minimum required selling value is $20 per item or combined products bundle/grouping). The consignment term is 120 days. Unsold items will be discounted 15% after 30 days, 25% after 60 days, 40% after 90 days. After 120 days, unclaimed and unsold items become the property of Oakridge Hobbies & Toys to discard, donate or further reduce to sell at our discretion. We do not provide any notice of your item's 120 day expiration date. Checks are mailed by Oakridge Hobbies & Toys within 45 days of the sale. A nominal processing fee will be deducted.
Items usually sell within 60-90 days. The consignor may retrieve any item from the selling floor prior to the 120 day expiration date. However, any item retrieved in the first 90 days will be subject to our consignment fees, as stated above, to cover our operating expenses, retail space, showcasing, display use and handling.
HOW TO START THE CONSIGNMENT PROCESS
- You can not bring your items to the store without pre-approval. ALL items must be pre-approved via email first. If interested in putting your items on consignment please contact us at oakridgehobbiesandtoys"at"yahoo"dot"com with your name, telephone number, and images of the items that you'd like to sell, along with your asking price, and any questions. If you do not get a response within 3-5 days, please resend your email and call our store to followup on your email. Items should be "Priced to SELL". (As a general rule, items should be priced on consignment beginning at or around 50% of original Manufacturer's Advertised Price or Suggested Retail Price, provided the item is "like new" or in good condition. Check eBay and other sources for relative pricing.) (Note: We reserve the right to refuse any item that we do not feel will be a fit in our store or sellable at our location. Drop-offs are by appointment and email pre approval only. Items misrepresented by their pre-approval photos, will be refused. All consignors must show and provide a copy of a current form of Illinois ID in order to sell any consignment items in our store.) If you're under the age of 18, please call the store before visiting the counter; local laws vary for minimum age to sell. You can always bring a parent or legal guardian with you over the age of 18 with a valid government issued ID. A Oakridge Hobbies & Toys Consignment Agreement Form will be completed with all submitted and accepted items.
HIS/HER OWN RISK
- The consignor acknowledges that he/she is consigning all items at HIS/HER OWN RISK and holds Oakridge Hobbies & Toys harmless from any loss to consigned property, including but not limited to theft or any damage, be it by fire, accident, handling or any other causes resulting in partial or complete damage loss (including scratches, stains, marks, soiling, and/or missing or broken parts), or items left over 120 days. Any Oakridge Hobbies & Toys employee/representative verbal agreements with consignor will not be upheld.
We do not provide licensed appraisals or appraisals for insurance. For insurance reasons, we cannot help you with loading or unloading your items. Please bring someone with you to assist you in loading and unloading your items. Please contact us for more information and your specifics and needs.
We reserve the right to change our policy as stated here at any time without notice.